The Coalition of Sovereign States
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Momotsuu Globe

Go down

The Momotsuu Globe Empty The Momotsuu Globe

Post by Momotsuu Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:35 pm

The Momotsuu Globe

The official news service of Momotsuu
Momotsuu
Momotsuu
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Momotsuu Globe Empty Paper Replaced by Coin?

Post by Momotsuu Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 pm

The Momotsuu Globe

The Official News Service of Momotsuu

Paper Replaced by Coin?

The Government of Momotsuu announced to the public today that the currency system, the Pho, will be transformed into a coin dominant system. The currency system previously included a whopping 14 notes, leaving space for only 3 coins. The executive chairman of the Momotsuu Department of Banking and Finance stated," Due to the passing of 'Environmental Act 385', our Department, along with most others, must cut our paper usage in half! So to escape the problem we must transform 10 of our notes into coins. It will be a difficult change but at least we won't be getting any more lawsuits from those tree-hugging pests."

Transforming the currency system will save the Momotsuu Department of Banking and Finance 1.35 trillion Pho's in 10 years due to the abundance of the minerals: Tin, Zinc, and Platinum, in Momotsuu. A miner at Plat. 4 U says, " This is a great opportunity for the platinum mining industry to boom and move forward. Hopefully this means, I don't know...an increase in miners wages." All notes from 500 to 75,000 will be newly minted coins in less than two months time, while notes 100,000 through 500,000 will be given a new, modern design including the face of our great Emperor on the 250,000 note.
Though this change is good for economy and business, many Momotsuuans are angry with the government. "How am I supposed to carry around all of these coins? If I try and stuff the amount of money I will have in coins into my pockets, my pants will fall down!" Says protestor Sam Walton outside the Department of Banking and Finance building. "Now what will happen when the government sees me walking around half naked on the streets because of all my damn coins!?!"

The Emperor assures that this is the best move for the Momotsuu in the long run.
Momotsuu
Momotsuu
Admin

Back to top Go down